Java Chocolaty Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 egg
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup (optional)
step 1: In large bowl, combine the shortening and the sugars. Add the coffee liqueur and the eggs. Blend well.
step 2: Now, in a separate bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, and the salt. Add this mixture to the coffee mixture. Mix well, then add the chocolate chips. Add the chocolate syrup if desired.
step 3: Drop dough in teaspoon size balls onto cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for about 8 minutes. Remove cookies from the oven, and allow to cool.