Jean's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped cooked chicken breast meat
- ½ cup egg noodles
step 1: In a large pot over medium heat combine the broth, water, carrots, celery and ground black pepper and allow to cook. In a medium skillet over medium high heat, combine the ginger, oil and chicken. Saute for about 5 minutes and remove the sliced ginger.
step 2: Add the chicken to the broth mixture, bring to a boil and then add the egg noodles. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes until noodles and vegetables are tender.