Jeanne's Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound turkey kielbasa, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra light olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 6 yellow squash, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 5 bay leaves
- 15 whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
step 1: In a slow cooker, combine crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and kielbasa. Set slow cooker to High.
step 2: Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Cook onions, squash, green pepper, and garlic in oil until onions are translucent. Transfer vegetables to the slow cooker.
step 3: Place ground beef and ground turkey in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble finely, and transfer to slow cooker. Season with bay leaves, peppercorns, basil, marjoram, thyme, and oregano.
step 4: Cover, and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove lid, and cook 1 hour more.