Jerk Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 green bell pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half - finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon jerk sauce, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 portobello mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package pre-baked thin pizza crust
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) package thinly sliced salami
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: Preheat the oven broiler. Brush the green pepper with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and place on a baking sheet. Broil about 5 minutes on each side, until skin begins to scorch. Remove from heat, and seal in a plastic container for 15 minutes. Cut into strips, remove seeds, pulp, and skin, and dice.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 3: Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken 10 minutes, until juices run clear. Mix in the roasted green pepper, jerk sauce, garlic, and portobello mushroom. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until heated through.
step 4: Place the pizza crust on a pizza pan, and spread with pizza sauce. Arrange the salami, then the chicken mixture evenly over the sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese.
step 5: Bake pizza 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.