Jo's Manicotti Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti pasta
- 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
step 1: In a large pot cook manicotti pasta with boiling salted water until al dente. Rinse with warm water and drain.
step 2: In a large bowl mix together ricotta cheese, eggs, onion, grated Romano cheese, chicken bouillon, garlic, thyme, ground black pepper, and spinach.
step 3: To assemble, fill manicotti noodles with cheese filling. Arrange noodles in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Pour tomato sauce down center of shells. Sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella cheese.
step 4: Bake in a preheated 350 degree(175 degree C) oven for 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.