Joelle's Famous Hot Crab and Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 3 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning TM
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (1 pound) loaves sourdough bread
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream and artichokes. Season with horseradish, lemon juice, garlic, and black pepper. Mix well and spread mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and sprinkle the white Cheddar cheese and Old Bay seasoning on top.
step 3: Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until warm and melted. Meanwhile, hollow out the loaves of sourdough bread. Reserving the bread removed.
step 4: Spoon the hot crab dip into the hollowed out loaves of sourdough. Use the reserved bread for dipping.