Kafta (BBQ) Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
step 1: Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. If using wooden skewers, soak in water.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion, parsley, cayenne, allspice, salt and pepper until evenly blended. Divide into 6 portions, and press around one end of the skewers to form a log shape approximately 1 inch thick and 6 inches long.
step 3: Grill for 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until meat is no longer pink.