Kalamata Olive, Tomato, and Cheese Melt Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 20 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
step 2: Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, jalapeno, and green bell pepper until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in tomatoes, wine, and kalamata olives. Simmer 15 minutes. Toss pasta with sauce until evenly coated. Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with feta cheese and Cheddar cheese.
step 3: Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Set oven to broiler setting. Broil for 5 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and bubbly.