Kathy's Delicious Italian Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 12 ounces roasted red peppers
- 7 ounces black olives, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 pound Genoa salami, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool.
step 2: Mix together: red peppers, olives, onion, garlic, mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and salami.
step 3: Combine in large bowl, pasta and vegetable mixture. Pour in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Mix well together.