Kathy's Easy Chile Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium casserole dish.
step 2: Mix the soup, milk, rice, and chile peppers into the casserole dish. Place chicken in the dish. Season with salt and pepper, and top with cheese.
step 3: Bake covered 1 hour in the preheated oven. Mix in the peas. Let stand covered 5 minutes before serving.