Katy's Scalloped Corn Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup crushed buttery round crackers
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease an 8 or 9-inch casserole dish.
step 2: In a small frying pan, saute onion, green pepper, and celery in butter or margarine and vegetable oil. Saute vegetables until tender. Remove vegetables from oil.
step 3: In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine cream style corn, niblet corn, egg and cheese. Mix onion and celery mixture into the corn mixture. Spread into prepared casserole dish.
step 4: Bake for 25 minutes. Remove casserole from oven and sprinkle cracker crumbs onto the top. Return casserole to oven and bake another 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm.