Kerry's French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 (1/2 inch) slices egg bread
- 6 extra large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
step 1: In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese with brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon
step 2: Spread 4 slices bread with the cream cheese mixture, and top with remaining bread slices, creating sandwiches.
step 3: Mix eggs and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip bread into the egg and milk to coat thoroughly.
step 4: Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Cook coated bread slices 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.