Key Lime Pie II Recipe
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O® mix
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lime zest
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
step 1: Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Chill until mixture starts to congeal.
step 2: In a separate bowl (after gelatin has started to thicken and congeal) mix milk, lime juice, food coloring and grated lime rind until well blended.
step 3: Stir in sour cream; then fold in thickened gelatin. Pour into pastry shell. Chill until firm.
step 4: Garnish with whipped topping or whipped cream and lime slices.