Key Lime Pie X Recipe
- 1 ½ cups cornflakes cereal crumbs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup fat free margarine spread
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 4 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
step 1: In a medium bowl, mix cornflake crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and melted margarine until well blended . Press mixture into a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate until set.
step 2: In a large bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lemon juice and yellow food coloring until creamy. Pour into crust and refrigerate until set.
step 3: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Gradually add 6 tablespoons white sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Spread meringue over pie, covering completely.
step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.