Key West Crab Salad Recipe
- 3 cups fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups leaf lettuce - rinsed, dried and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 2 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 red onion, sliced in rings
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped tarragon
step 1: In a large bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, cabbage, oranges, and onions. Add crabmeat, and gently toss until combined. Set aside.
step 2: In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil and tarragon. Cover, and shake until well mixed.
step 3: Pour orange dressing over spinach salad, and gently toss until salad is well coated.