Kickin' Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi powder (dried Japanese horseradish)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce firm tofu
- 3/4 pound beets
- 3/4 pound sweet potato
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 6 cups gourmet salad greens
- 3/4 pound ready-to-eat roasted skinned, boned chicken breasts, shredded (such as Tyson)
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
step 2: Place first 8 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
step 3: Leave root and 1 inch of stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Place beets and sweet potato in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. Add mushrooms, and bake an additional 15 minutes. Cool to touch. Peel beets and potato; cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Thinly slice mushrooms.
step 4: Combine beets, potato, mushrooms, greens, and chicken. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss well. Serve immediately.