Kingfish Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 pound king mackerel fillets - cleaned, washed and cubed
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Combine fish cubes with Italian dressing. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Dredge fish cubes in flour and set aside.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly oil a 9x13 inch baking pan.
step 3: In a non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and green pepper. Cook slowly, stirring occasionally until vegetables are soft. Stir in fish cubes and cook until fish is soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in half of the salsa and remove mixture from heat.
step 4: Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll up and place seam down in prepared baking pan. Spoon remaining salsa over the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
step 5: Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.