Kourambiathes (Greek Cookies) Recipe
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons anise extract
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar for dusting
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease baking sheets.
step 2: In a medium bowl, cream the butter, egg yolk and anise extract until light. Stir in the 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and flour until blended.
step 3: Shape dough into crescents and place 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
step 4: Bake in preheated oven just until bottoms and edges begin to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Dust heavily with confectioners' sugar before they are completely cool.