Kraft's Apple Pie Recipe
- 6 cups thinly sliced peeled apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons MINUTE Tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: Mix apples, sugar, tapioca, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Let stand 15 minutes.
step 3: Prepare pie crusts as directed on package for two-crust pie, using 9-inch pie plate. Fill with fruit mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with second pie crust; seal and flute edge. Cut several slits to permit steam to escape.
step 4: Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juices form bubbles that burst slowly. Cool.