Kung Pao Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 1 pound (26 to 30 per lb.) shelled, deveined shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 dried hot chilies (about 3 in.)
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 1 cup white arborio or pearl rice
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 1/2 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped or slivered green and/or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted roasted peanuts
- Soy sauce
step 1: In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir the shrimp until pink, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
step 2: Add diced red bell pepper, ginger, chilies, and salad oil to pan. Stir until vegetables are limp, about 3 minutes.
step 3: Add rice to pan and stir until opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Add sherry and broth. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until rice is tender to bite, about 15 minutes.
step 4: Add shrimp and stir just until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in sesame oil.
step 5: Ladle risotto into wide bowls or mound on plates. Sprinkle portions with chopped bell pepper and peanuts. Add soy sauce to taste.