Layered Egg Noodle Bake Recipe
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch paprika
step 1: In a large pot with boiling salted water cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain.
step 2: In a large skillet over medium heat oil. Add sliced mushrooms, green bell pepper, onion, and saute for 5 minutes. Stir in ground beef and brown; drain excess grease. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, Italian seasoning, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, ground black pepper and sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
step 3: In a small bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, finely chopped green onion, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
step 4: To assemble, in a greased 2 quart casserole dish layer egg noodles. Spread tomato mixture over noodles, followed by the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining grated Parmesan cheese and paprika.
step 5: Bake in a preheated 325 degree F(165 degree C) oven for 45 minutes.