Lazy Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pound shredded American cheese
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: In a shallow three-quart baking dish, toss uncooked macaroni and melted butter together, to coat the macaroni and the inside of the dish. Add cheese, and stir lightly to distribute. In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, water, eggs, mustard powder, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour into the baking dish with the macaroni.
step 3: Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until the center is set. Remove from the oven, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.