Lemon Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chopped almonds
- 60 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- ⅓ cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
- 3 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
step 1: In large bowl, beat butter, 3/4 cup sugar and lemon extract until light and fluffy. Add flour and almonds; beat at low speed until well blended. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour for easier handling.
step 2: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 3: Shape scant tablespoons dough around each kiss, covering completely. Roll in hands to form ball. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes until set and bottom edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove to rack and cool completely. Sprinkle cookies with confectioners' sugar.
step 4: In small pan, melt chocolate squares and stir in oil until smooth. Drizzle over each cookie.