Lemon Mousse Pie Recipe
- 1 (.25 ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, baked
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
step 1: In a saucepan, combine gelatin, lemon juice and water. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
step 2: Cook and stir gelatin mixture over medium heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in grated lemon zest. Set aside.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat until smooth. Blend in gelatin mixture. Refrigerate 15 minutes until thick.
step 4: Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon filling into baked pie crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.