Lemon Mushroom Herb Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
step 1: In a shallow dish or bowl, combine the flour, thyme, basil, parsley, paprika, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Dredge chicken in the mixture to coat, patting off any excess flour.
step 2: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook chicken until no longer translucent. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice; pour over chicken.
step 3: Cover skillet, and simmer 20 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Garnish with parsley, capers, and lemon zest.