Lemon Yogurt-Poppy Seed Muffins (lighter recipe) Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (6 ounce) container Yoplait® Original lemon low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Easy Lemon Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or more as needed
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms only of 12 regular-size muffin cups, or line with paper baking cups.
step 2: Beat milk, applesauce, oil, yogurt and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients except Easy Lemon Glaze just until flour is moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
step 3: Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan. Drizzle Easy Lemon Glaze over warm muffins.
step 4: Easy Lemon Glaze: Mix powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and drizzling consistency.