Lemony Corn Muffins Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
step 1: In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
step 2: In another bowl, beat egg, corn and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until blended
step 3: Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.