Lentil Loaf Recipe
- 1 1/8 cups green lentils
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 6 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 packet dry vegetable soup mix
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs
step 1: Combine lentils and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes.
step 2: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
step 3: In a large bowl, mix together 2 cups cooked lentils, bread, eggs, broth, tomato paste, basil, garlic powder, black pepper, parsley, olive oil, and dry soup mix. Spread into prepared pan.
step 4: Bake for 40 minutes. Sprinkle top with dry bread crumbs, and continue baking another 10 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.