Light Malt Loaf Recipe
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup malted barley flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon milk
step 1: Place all ingredients (except the milk) into the bread machine pan in the above order, or as directed by the manufacturer. Select the Basic Bread setting; press Start.
step 2: After the baking cycle is complete, remove the bread from the pan and brush the just baked bread with milk. This will give it a soft and shiny crust.