Linguine Pescadoro Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can (10 ounce) can whole baby clams
- 1 (6.5 ounce) can minced clams, with juice
- 1/4 pound small salad shrimp
- 1/4 pound scallops
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
step 1: In a large pot of boiling salted water cook linguini until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over medium heat saute garlic in olive oil until garlic softens. Add Italian seasoning, thyme, crushed red pepper flakes, crushed tomatoes, black olives, and the juice from both cans of clams. Simmer for 15 minutes. Mix in canned clams, shrimp, scallops, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 15 minutes or until shrimp and clams are cooked.
step 3: Toss cooked and drained linguine pasta over seafood sauce. Serve warm.