Lip-Smacking Popcorn Concoction Recipe
- 2 envelopes microwave popcorn without butter, popped
- 4 cups corn cereal puffs (e.g. Kix™)
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag extruded corn chips (e.g. Fritos™)
- 2 (2.25 ounce) packages blanched slivered almonds
- 2 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 1 pound vanilla flavored confectioners' coating
step 1: Cover a large flat surface with waxed paper. In a large bowl, stir together the popcorn, cereal, corn chips, almonds, and pretzels.
step 2: Melt the confectioners' coating in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute. Continue to cook at 30 second intervals, stirring between each one, until the coating is smooth.
step 3: Pour melted coating over the cereal mixture. It's best to use a large metal spoon, and pour 1 or 2 spoonfuls at a time then mix to ensure even distribution. (A second person can be useful here - one to pour, one to mix.) Once everything is coated, spread the mixture out onto waxed paper in a thin layer. Let stand for about 1/2 hour, or until coating is dry. Transfer to a bowl to serve, or store in an airtight container.