Listy III Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup fruit preserves, any flavor
step 1: Mix together one egg, three egg yolks, sugar, cream and salt. Gradually stir in flour until dough becomes stiff enough to roll.
step 2: Roll very thin but cut into small circles (2-3 inches diameter). Cut small slits (about 1/4 to 1/2 inch) at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 positions. Paste three circles together in center using egg white.
step 3: Fry cookies in hot oil - sides will curl up like a rose. After draining on paper towels, place a small amount of red jelly in the center of each rose and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.