Lobster Bisque II Recipe
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cooked and cubed lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 pinch ground white pepper
- salt to taste
step 1: Reserve 2 tablespoons sliced scallion tops for garnish. Cook and stir remaining scallions in the vegetable oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat for 1 minute.
step 2: Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring until mixture thickens and boils. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
step 3: Add lobster, half and half, sherry, white pepper and salt. Cook and stir until heated through. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with reserved scallion tops.