Lobster Creole Recipe
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 5 cups water
- red pepper sauce to taste
- 2/3 cup sherry
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, julienned
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
- 4 raw lobster tail, quartered
- 2/3 pound fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
step 1: Remove the stems from the parsley and discard. In a food processor combine the parsley leaves, yellow onion, green pepper, garlic and stewed tomatoes. Process just enough to chop the ingredients up. Should retain a chunky consistency
step 2: In a large pot over medium/low heat, combine olive oil and parsley mixture. Cook for about 6 to 7 minutes.
step 3: Stir in tomato paste until completely dissolved. Pour in 5 cups of water, red pepper sauce, sherry and red pimentos. Raise the heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes.
step 4: Add the petit poi, lobster tails and shrimp. Simmer for 10 minutes or until shrimp are pink all the way through.