Local Kine Wontons Recipe
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
step 1: Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, soy sauce, imitation crabmeat, water chestnuts and green onions.
step 3: Place approximately 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold into triangles and seal edges with moistened fingers.
step 4: In small batches, fry the wontons in the hot oil 3 to 4 minutes, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.