Louisiana Chicken and Beans Skillet Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package Tyson® Fresh Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- 1 1/2 cups rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can red or kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
step 1: PREP: Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm. Meanwhile, CLEAN: Wash hands. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Sprinkle with seasoning. CLEAN: Wash hands.
step 2: COOK: In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until flavors are blended and internal juices of chicken run clear. (Or insert instant-read meat thermometer in thickest part of chicken. Temperature should read 180 degrees F for thighs, 170 degrees F for breasts.)
step 3: SERVE: Serve chicken and beans over hot cooked rice. Sprinkle with hot pepper sauce, if desired. Serve with tossed salad, if desired.
step 4: CHILL: Refrigerate leftovers immediately.