Low Fat Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons CALUMET Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups POST 100% Bran Cereal
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
step 1: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
step 2: Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl. Mix cereal, milk and sugar in another bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in egg and applesauce. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Spoon batter into muffin pan which has been sprayed with no stick cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
step 3: Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.