Luby's German Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup flaked coconut
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch and cocoa. Add water and melted butter whisk until combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add the milk and beat until well blended. Stir in the coconut, pecans and vanilla. Pour batter into the pie shell.
step 3: Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until firm.