Lulu's Tomato Hot Pot Recipe
- 1 cup small seashell pasta
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian tomato sauce
- 7 cups beef stock
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 ½ cups sliced dill pickles
step 1: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Combine tomatoes, sausages, tomato sauce, stock, onion, garlic, carrots, basil, and oregano in a large pot. Simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
step 3: Add zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper, parsley, pickles and cooked pasta; simmer for 1 hour, adding water as necessary.