Ma's Premium Ice Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pint double chocolate fudge ice cream, softened
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge topping
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
step 1: Spread the chocolate ice cream into pie crust in an even layer. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes, or until set. Remove pie from freezer and spread on a layer of hot fudge. You may make this layer as thick as you wish. It is usually difficult to spread, but DO NOT heat the fudge as it will melt the ice cream layer underneath. Immediately freeze again for 15 minutes, or until set.
step 2: Remove pie from freezer and spread the double fudge ice cream on top of the fudge layer. (if ice cream is too soft, put back in freezer for a few minutes -- but DON'T LET PIE THAW or the layers will run together!) After adding the second ice cream layer, freeze again until set.
step 3: Spread on a layer of whipped topping, and garnish top with chocolate sprinkles. Return pie to freezer until ready to serve.