Macaroni and Cheese III Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
step 1: In a large pot cook macaroni pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
step 2: In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the grated Cheddar cheese, plain yogurt, butter or margarine, and tomatoes. Cook until smooth. Add salt, black pepper, basil to taste, celery seed and cooked pasta to saucepan. Stir until blended.
step 3: Turn off the heat and let sit for 10 minutes with lid on, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.