Macaroon Kiss Cookies Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups MOUNDS® Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S KISSES® Milk Chocolates
step 1: Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange juice; beat well. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut.
step 2: Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Remove wrappers from chocolate pieces. Heat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
step 3: Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediately press chocolate piece on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.