Magician's Bunny Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package Betty Crocker ® SuperMoist ® Rainbow Chip Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Betty Crocker ® Rich and Creamy vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- colored candy sprinkles
- 10 black shoestring licorice
- 2 coconut and marshmallow-covered chocolate cake-balls with creamy filling
- 2 black gumdrop
- 1 pink licorice candy
- 1 red gumdrop
- 2 pieces candy-coated gum
- 2 sticks striped fruit-flavored gum
step 1: Bake cake as directed for two 8- or 9-inch rounds. Cut one round as shown in the template (see Note). Freeze pieces uncovered 1 hour for easier frosting if desired.
step 2: Arrange pieces on tray as shown. Frost head and ears with frosting, attaching pieces with small amount of frosting. Frost tie; sprinkle with colored sugar and outline with shoestring licorice.
step 3: Arrange cake balls on frosting for cheeks. Insert short strips of shoestring licorice into cheeks for whiskers. Outline eyes with shoestring licorice; add short strips for eyelashes. Use black gumdrops for pupils of eyes, pink licorice candy for nose, red gumdrop for mouth and gum for teeth. Cut striped gum into narrow pieces and place in center of ears. Decorate with magician's hat and magic wand if desired.