Make-Believe Middle Eastern Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into cubes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup half-and-half cream
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, warm oil and cook chicken for 5 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
step 2: Turn heat to low. Add sour cream, half and half, cumin, nutmeg, allspice, and ground white pepper to skillet; simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Do not allow mixture to boil.
step 3: Stir stewed tomatoes into the mixture and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes; serve.