Mama's Best Broiled Tomato Sandwich Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
step 1: Preheat oven to broil.
step 2: In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture, stirring occasionally.
step 3: Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, black pepper and 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
step 4: Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Serve immediately, open faced or closed.