Mama's Chili Recipe
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons banana pepper juice
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 slices American cheese
step 1: Place the tomatoes in a large pot and squash them with your hands. Add the beans, onion, banana chile pepper, sugar, garlic powder and chili powder and simmer for about 20 minutes.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a separate large skillet over medium high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 to 10 minutes, or until browned and crumbly. Drain the fat and add the beef to the simmering pot. Stir in the cheese, if desired. Allow to simmer for 1 more hour.