Mama's Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seashell pasta
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
step 1: In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls and set aside.
step 2: In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente, and meatballs are no longer pink inside. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.