Mandarin Cheesecake Squares Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (15 ounce) can DOLE® Mandarin Oranges
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container orange or peach yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Fresh mint leaves (optional)
step 1: Stir together wafer crumbs and margarine until blended. Press mixture evenly into bottom of ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Chill while preparing filling.
step 2: Drain mandarin oranges; reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Sprinkle gelatin over reserved syrup, in small bowl; let stand 2 minutes. Microwave mixture on HIGH 30 seconds or until gelatin dissolves (or heat mixture in a saucepan, stirring until gelatin is dissolved).
step 3: Beat cream cheese with yogurt and sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until blended. Beat in gelatin mixture until smooth.
step 4: Spread one half cream cheese mixture over crust. Sprinkle half mandarin oranges over filling. Spread remaining filling over oranges. Garnish top with remaining oranges. Cover; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or until firm.
step 5: Garnish top of dessert with fresh mint leaves if desired; cut into squares to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.