Mango-Shrimp Tostadas Recipe
- 1 (1 pound) firm-ripe mango
- 1 (10 ounce) firm-ripe avocado
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3/4 pound (26 to 30 per lb.) shelled, deveined cooked shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh serrano chili
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) can low-fat refried black beans
- 1/4 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
step 1: Cut pit and peel from mango and discard. Cut fruit into small pieces and put in a bowl.
step 2: Pit and peel avocado. Cut into small pieces and add to mango. Add lime juice, shrimp, chili, and green onions; mix gently.
step 3: Place tortillas side by side on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven until crisp and lightly browned, about 10 minutes (about 9 minutes in a convection oven), turning tortillas over once after 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool on pan 1 to 2 minutes.
step 4: Meanwhile, combine refried beans and broth in a microwave-safe bowl, cover, and heat in a microwave oven on full power (100%) until hot, about 1 minute.
step 5: Place tortillas on plates. Spread beans equally onto tortillas. Scatter lettuce equally over beans, then top lettuce with shrimp mixture and sour cream. Add salt to taste.