Mango Pork Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup diced cooked pork
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
step 1: Heat rice and water to boiling in 2-quart saucepan, stirring occasionally; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Fluff with fork.
step 2: While rice is cooking, mix pork and cornstarch. Spray nonstick wok or 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat until cooking spray starts to bubble. Add pork, mango, water chestnuts, mushrooms, gingerroot and garlic; stir-fry 1 minute.
step 3: Stir in rice and remaining ingredients; stir-fry 1 minute.